- SAPTU was established in 1993 and is a registered trade union in terms of the Labour Relations Act, Act 66 of 1995 (as amended).
- SAPTU is politically unaffiliated which means that all SAPTU contributions are focussed on its members.
- SAPTU operates and strives to service all workers in the republic of South Africa who are eligible for membership of the Union.
- Salary negotiations
- Disciplinary hearings
- Conciliation and Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA) matters
- Labour Court
- Other negotiations
– North-West University
– University of Johannesburg
– SEFAKO MAKGATHO Health Sciences University
– Stellenbosch University
– Council for Geoscience
– Ditsong Museums of South Africa
– Higher Education South Africa (HESA)
– Legal Aid SA
– National Health Laboratory Service (NHLS)
– Productivity SA
|– Individual Members|
MEMBER OF FEDUSA
SAPTU is affiliated to FEDUSA (Federation of Unions of South Africa)
FEDUSA is the second largest trade union federation in South Africa.
The main advantage of affiliation to FEDUSA is that SAPTU can make use of the collective knowledge of FEDUSA, which contributes to greater participation and strength. Furthermore, SAPTU has the opportunity to influence legislation through FEDUSA and is represented on various national bodies including NEDLAC. This enables SAPTU to keep abreast of all new legislation.
Reg. no LR2/6/2/291