UNTU IS EXTENDING UNTU PALMS BENEFITS TO SAPTU MEMBERS
The United National Transport Union (UNTU) is excited to announce that it has signed an agreement with the South African Parastatal & Tertiary Institutions Union (SAPTU) to provide its members with the opportunity to enjoy discounted rates at the seashore holiday resort, UNTU Palms, formerly known as Voetplaatpark.
Hendrik Fourie, Vice-President of UNTU and Chairman of the Marketing Committee of UNTU Palms, says the extension of the benefit to SAPTU’s 9 000 members is part of UNTU’s commitment to ensure that UNTU Palms remains the crown jewel of the South Coast.
The discount applies to all the retired members of SAPTU.
UNTU Palms is fondly referred to as the Jewel of the South Coast, situated 120 km from Durban in Sunwich Port.
Visitors can choose between renting the six (6) sleeper cabanas, eight (8) sleeper chalets or four (4) sleeper tents to sleep in or you can bring your own caravan / tent and camping gear to one (1) of the fifty four (54) stands in the Caravan Park and enjoy the South Coast with its all-year-round brilliant sunshine, blue Indian ocean, sub-tropical forests and stunning birdlife.
UNTU Palms is well-known for its tidal pool at the beach, which is ideal for families with small children. It is also very popular for surfing, diving and rock fishing.
The resort has ample playgrounds for children to play, a volleyball court, a swimming pool, a putt-putt course and a games room.
On the premises is Aunty Betty’s Café known for its UK style fried fish and the popular Orca’s Pub and Restaurant which has a 180-degree sunset view of the Indian Ocean.
While you are visiting UNTU Palms, you can also make time to enjoy:
- The Aliwal Shoal and Protea Banks – two popular deep-sea diving haunts. Both are frequented by large shark populations, with the latter being ranked as one of the top shark diving sites in the world.
- Oribi Gorge for the adrenaline junkie. This is a 27km-long, 400m deep gorge that cuts its way through a 365-year-old rock and is a haven for thrill-seekers. The world’s highest bungee swing is located here – a heart stopping 33-storey jump from the top. You can also experience the world’s highest natural commercial abseil, or the white-water rafting, or you can hike to the edge of the gorge or to the area at the foot of the falls below Oribi.
- The Lake Eland Game Resort has a wide range of activities, from a self-game drive, to viewing the abundant wild life and flora, to taking a walk across the 80m suspension bridge or simply enjoying the fabulous Zip Line Tour. There is also Horseback rides, walking and single-track mountain bike trails, paint ball, fishing, picnic sites and specific 4×4 track available.
- The Riverbend Crocodile Farm, in Southbroom or Crocworld in Scottburgh.
- For the Golfers, there are eight golf courses in the area, one of which, San Lameer Country Club, is rated amongst South Africa’s top 30 courses.
- More than 400 bird species have been recorded along the South Coast. Birds, as well as the floral diversity of the area, can be enjoyed at numerous small reserves including Umtamvuna, Mpenjati and Vernon Crookes nature reserves.
- On the commercial side, apart from many smaller centres, there are two massive shopping malls along the South Coast: The Galleria in Amanzimtoti and the Shelly Centre in Shelly Beach. Both have movie theatres and the Galleria has an ice rink.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity for a dream holiday and make your booking at UNTU Palms today. For bookings, phone (039) 681 3325 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To qualify for the discounted rates, UNTU Palms, will verify the membership of SAPTU members.
Issued on behalf of UNTU by Sonja Carstens, Media, Liaison and Communication Officer.